Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First....

... Day of Kindergarten!

Early this morning, Sarah donned her new backpack...

... and waited for the school bus to arrive (waiting with our next door friends).
She got on the bus with a huge smile, a wave, and hardly a backwards glance.
In the afternoon, Claudia and I waited patiently in the shade (trying to avoid the crazy heat we suddenly have again) for the bus to come back again...

... but come back it did, bringing a tired yet happy kindergartener with it...
... this it what I got when I said 'Smile so I can take your picture."
All in all, a successful first day of school.

5 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Kim...they are both so beautiful!

Elise said...

So great!!

mama monson said...

Wow! Congratulations Sarah! I love that picture of Claudia's smile, and I have a feeling you painted that cute backpack yourself, Kim!

Rachel said...

whoa, time flies!! I'm glad she liked it. Ms Claudia couldn't be cuter. I love those dimples!!

melanie said...

That's so adorable, what an exciting day for both of you. That picture of claudia in the sun hat at the beach is amazing! she is so beautiful.