Sarah turned seven this week...seven! She decided early on that she only wanted to invite one friend to her party, and had a list of what she wanted to do. That made my job really easy. Sarah made the decorations, including paper versions of herself and her friend, Grant, surrounded by a 'Winter Wonderland' of paper snowflakes.
We had Grant come over after school on her actual birthday and the kids made 'winter wonderland' dioramas with clay snowmen, cotton balls, pipe cleaners, etc. Then we ended up having a 'balloon snowball fight' that turned out to be kids vs. adult. I won. Then the kids decorated some sugar cookies with mountains of toppings before we walked Grant home in time for dinner. Oh yeah, and we also had cake and presents - of course! Both kids told me it was the 'Best Birthday Party EVER!' So, I got to feel like a success. I think it was the balloon fight that sealed the deal.
Sarah also decided she wanted to take 'cake pops' for her birthday treat to school, so we made up some snowman pops that reportedly were a hit.
After dinner that night, Sarah opened her family gifts. She had a wonderful birthday.
We love you Sarah!
3 comments:
I can't believe she is seven either! That's means James will be 7....wow...where did the time go...
those snowmen were so cute! love that idea. Happy Birthday Sarah. She's such a sweetheart. I'll never forget her awesome baby thighs :)
Oh my gosh... you could market those snowmen pops! They are so cute. I loved those few birthdays where my kids only wanted one friend over :)
Happy Birthday Sarah! Love you!
Post a Comment