So, I was recently perusing one of my favorite crafting websites (makeitandloveit.com), and I came across this simple project that piqued my interest:
![]() |
| Simple little fabric birds Mod Podged onto some small canvases and hung on the wall. |
These were made for a nursery, but I was hoping to make something for my older daughter's room. I picked up some canvases at a local store and started to look through my fabric. And I got nothing. No inspiration. Nada. I thought I might possibly like to create a tree with several birds in it or something along those lines, but I just didn't feel excited about it. So I took to the internet looking for different bird shapes, etc. What I discovered was the idea of using scrapbooking paper instead of fabric. I loved the idea. It was cheaper and I had more variety to choose from. I picked up some paper and started making my sketches:
| Some tree options... |
As I perused the various crafted birds online, I came across one that made me think of a peacock. Just this week my 8 year old had said to me at some point "I love peacocks! They are my favorite!" And so my search turned specifically to peacock silhouettes, etc. I found some beautiful works of art online and began to get inspired. I tried a sketch of my own just to get a basic idea down on paper:
And then I put my plan into action. The project was still easy and quick - it only took me two afternoons during my two-year-old's naptime to put it together.
![]() |
| The finished product in place. |
![]() |
| Isn't it amazing what you can do with some canvas, some paper and a little Mod Podge? |
I also saw this awesome switch plate cover idea online, I had some left over paper and decided to coordinate the light switch with the new work of art.
I really love the direction this project took, and am happy with its evolution.




1 comment:
Wow Kim! This is so awesome. I'm going to have to try something like this to spruce up my apartment.
Post a Comment